Monday, 1 September 2014

SSS - weekly challenge


Hello and a 'Happy Monday' to you all... I am back with another school card for the 'Simon Says Stamp' wednesday challenge.  I have used a selection of techniques to make this card, which include depth die cutting and popping up die cuts using foam pads.  I decided to use the 'Back to School' stamp set from Paoertrey Ink besides the 'In my Heart' stamp set and co-ordinating dies from Mama  Elephant too.


I cut a card base to measure 12 x 12 cm, then I cut a slightly smaller piece of card to measure 11.5 x 11.5 cm.  I then stamped the little girl from the Mama Elephant set and coloured her in using my copic markers and cut her out using the co-ordinating die.

I took the smaller piece of card and stamped several books from the 'Back to School' stamp set from Papertrey Ink using a variety of different coloured inks.  I then attached the little girl die above the books and cut her out using a die cutting machine and adhered the coloured in little girl to the card using the smaller piece as a guide.   I made the banner by cutting two small pieces of card and snipped a triangle into each end, then stamped the sentiment onto card and popped it up using foam pads.  I wanted to make some of the books pop up out of the card so I stamped certain ones again, cut them out and popped them up using foam pads.  Finally I created a faux stitched banner and then adhered the entire piece using foam pads to the cards base.

If you require a list of products that I used to make this card then please feel free to e-mail me at joannestott@live.co.uk.

I do hope that you have enjoyed looking and please feel free to leave me a comment.

Hugs

Joanne x

1 comment:

Jingle said...

I LOVE this card! Such a cute design! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Post a Comment