Thursday, 8 August 2013

How Old? If I told, he'd probably slap me - lol

I've been mad busy creating cards for my hubby's birthday yesterday... and as per usual everybody wanted me to make them one, but my only condition was they had to choose the stamp sets... ok

Here's my creation - The first one that I made had the 'Husband' sentiment on the front using the 'For My Family' stamp set, which is sadly now retired.  I don't know why as it was a fantastic set with a sentiment for everyone and hasn't been replaced with anything as good.  Anyway I wasn't happy with it so I used the sentiment on the inside instead, which looked far better.


Stampin' Up! Products Used:-
Cardstock - Whisper White
Stamp Sets - Giggle Greetings, Itty Bitty Banners & For My Family (retired - inside the card)
Inks - Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Rose Red & Black Staz-On 
Accessories - Bitty Banners Die Set, Stampin Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestones, Mini Brads & Basic Black Stampin' Marker

Kiefer's Creation - He chose the 'Old Gits' stamp set which is retired, but we all love it sooo much... he also chose the dsp for his clothes...I must admit that when John opened it, he laughed his head off.


Stampin' Up! Products Used:-
Cardstock - Whisper White & Soft Suade
Stamp Sets - Old Gits (retired) & Amazing Family
Inks - Basic Black & Old Olive
Accessories - Retired DSP, Basic Black Stampin' Marker, Tombow Glue & Snail adhesive.

Annelise's Creation - She thinks her dad is a Monkey! so she chose the 'Monkey & Accessories' Stamp Sets, which are also retired and hammered my Stampin' Markers colouring them in, but I'd say that she did a really good job!


Stampin' Up! Products Used:-
Cardstock - Whisper White
Stamp sets - Monkey & Accessories (retired), For My Family (retired) & Itty Bitty Banners NOT retired!
Inks - Black Staz-On, Pear Pizzazz & Pacific Point
Stampin' Markers - Real Red, Soft Suade, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquiose, Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade (retired), Regal Rose (retired) & Apricot Appeal (retired)
Accessories - Stampin Dimensionals, Mini Brads, Snail adhesive & Google eyes (from my stash)

John really loved opening all his handmade cards, he commented on how cheeky we all are :), then we all went out for dinner, ouch! and i'm taking him out for a meal over the weekend too, what a lucky boy!!

Happy Crafting...

Joanne Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment