Monday, 14 February 2011

SFTW - St. Valentine's Day

It was my turn to write the post for the St Valentine's Day challenge... sorry this post is a little late, been busy busy busy... Anyway I didn't want to create something girly as my hubby would most proberably hate it - lol.  Anyway moving on swiftly I decided to use SU and Magnolia stamps to make this project and use the theme of reds and browns so that it wouldn't look girly...


I created an easel card using red and white sU carstock and the tree was stamped using SU brown ink and the hearts were stamped in red ink with diamond glaze added and then punched out and adhered to the tree using 3D foam pads.  The Magnolia stamp was coloured in using copic pens and adhered slightly to the right underneath the tree and a 'Happy Valentine's Day' sentiment added to the top right corner.

The bottom section of the easel card was created by stamping another sentiment onto a white piece of cardstock and stamped another sentiment in red SU ink,, then made a border to go at the top and bottom of the sentiment by using red cardstock and the eyelet border punch.  This was then adhered to the bottom of the easel card and then I added a thin strip of red taffeta SU ribbon to complete the card.

Hope you have enjoyed looking, eventhough if I was a little late in posting!!

Massive Hugs

Joanne x

2 comments:

Linda Dale said...

Hi, I love your cards. I stumpled upon your site while searching the internet for fabric samples. Wonderful cards. Thanks for the inspiration. New follower. Come visit my blog at at:)www.thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

So adorable. Jx

Post a Comment