Friday, 7 January 2011

SFTW - something New & Blue

Hello to you all and welcome to 2011...  I have a good feeling about this year.... Well it's been approx 15 mths since I stopped smoking and I decided last month that I wanted to shake off all that excess flab that I have accumulated so I enrolled at the gym... yep a month early!!! and you know I am already losing weight. 
 
Anyway onto the first SFTW challenge for 2011... well I didn't realise that it was Team A's turn, but luckily I had a card already made up that was perfect for this challenge... told you this was going to be a good year!! all I had to do was to give it a title and add a few embellies!!



I have used a light blue bazzil cardstock together with a pale blue gingham paper (sorry I can't remember where I bought it from).   The stamp is from CC Designs and is coloured in using the famous copic markers and adhered to a silver polka dot card from Kanban and I have added some sparkle to the image by using a clear glitter pen over the top and some stickles to the wings. I have used some white velvet ribbon through a pearl ribbon ring and adhered to the top of the punched silver mirror card using one of my favourite MS punches, the garden trellis. The sentiment is from the 'For Everything' stamp set from SU and has been stamped using tempting turquoise ink, together with a small flower button also available from SU.  To complete the card I have added some small silver dots and some stickles.

I do hope that you have enjoyed looking and please feel free to leave a comment or even become a follower..

Hugs

Joanne x


4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sweet card Joanne, I CC designs stamps they are so sweet! This is a lovely fresh card, hugs Rebekah xx

carolyn lee said...

Joanne she is a sweetie and looks like she has just returned from the gym!

Gunn (Merete) said...

Totally adorable card. Love this cute image.
Wish you a great Week.
*Gunn**

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Joanne, wow she is so gorgeous! Love the colours you have used. Well done on the stopping smoking, just think of all of the craft stuff you can buy now, lol! hugs Heidi x

Post a Comment