Friday, 15 October 2010

SFTW - Halloween / Trick or Treat Carton

This weeks challenge is to create either a card or project using the theme of Halloween or Fall / Autumn inspired project, and our sponsors for this challenge are KLM Designs and Pink Gem.

I have just purchased a Takeaway Carton die cut from Sizzix and was itching to use it, so i couldn't think of a better way of putting it to use by creating a Halloween Goodie Box, full of yummy sweets!  I could only find thin black cardstock and found it to be quite flimsy once the box had been cut out using the die, so I stuck a sheet of white cardstock to the back in order to re-inforce it otherwise it would buckle with any weight (personally i would use really thick cardstock when using any box shaped die because of this reason).


I have used the 'Trick or Treat' and 'Tiny Verses' stamp sets from SU.  I started off by stamping the pumpkin image (x2) using pumpkin pie ink onto white cardstock and added some orange stickles over the top to give it some sparkle... then whilst I left these to dry I continued with making the rest of the images.  The spider (x2) was stamped onto lovely lilac cardstock and cut out.  To make the tag I stamped 'Trick or Treat' again onto pumpkin pie cardstock and punched it out using the small tag punch and then matted this onto black cardstock using the large tag punch, a small hole was then made using the 2mm circle punch and then some linen thread was attached.


I cut a wide strip of pumpkin pie cardstock and used the 'Apron Lace' punch by fiskars around the edges.  I then cut another smaller strip of pumpkin pie cardstock and used one of the stamps out of the 'Tiny Verses' set to stamp the words 'Happy Halloween' all the way along a piece, this was then attached to a piece of black cardstock and then matted onto the decorative strip.  I then added some tiny black rhinestones from kaisercraft to complete the top and three different sized ones in orange to complete the sides of the box.



For the sides of the box I used my MS alphabet punch to punch out the letters in pumpkin pie, due to the size of these letters I had to stick to the side of the box using a quickie glue pen. 


The top of the box looked really dull in comparison to the rest, so I added the sentiment to the opening and then blinged the rest of it up using a couple of doodlebug buttons and some stars that I cut out of cardstock and added some matching coloured rinestones.  Finally the handle was made out of 8mm wire and added to complete the box.

I do hope that you have enjoyed looking and please feel free to leave a comment.

Hugs x

Joanne

5 comments:

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Joanne, I love how you've decorated it :)

Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Helen said...

That is a great design - looks really good and I love the way you've put it all together.

Helen x

Gunn (Merete) said...

Joanne, this is great. Love this box, it is so cute with the spider and all.
Wish you a great week.
Hugs Gunn :-)

carolyn lee said...

What a treat. Somebody will enjoy using this on Oct 31st. Beautifully made.
love Carolyn x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cute treat box! Wonderful embellishments.

Post a Comment