Friday, 17 September 2010

SFTW - Tag It

This weeks challenge on 'Stampin for the Weekend' is to use a tag on your project.  The challenge is sponsored by Meljen designs.  For more information on Meljan Designs just pop over to the SFTW blog where you will find a direct link to their webstore and blog.

I wanted to keep this card looking clean and simple and so I created an easel card and used an olive coloured green cardstock which I have stamped in order to create a backgroung pattern.  I have coloured the Meljan image with the following copic ciao pens:- BG0000, BG10, E31, E33, E35, E57, YR21, E43, RV02, RV10, C1, C3, C5 C7 & a blender pen.  I have added some stickles stardust to the bubbles, together with some glossy accents for the rest of the water.


The image was then matted onto a dark brown, then onto the olive cardstock.  I then stamped a SU small sentiment onto white card and punched it out using the co-ordinating punch and fixed to the image using linen thread.  This was then stuck to the top side of the easel card.


The bottom of the easel card was stamped up the same way as the top, except that I have used a SU punch to create a section for the stamped sentiment to be placed behind.  I have used the same dark brown cardstock to create a border using my fiskars threading water border punch and added a SU star which was stamped in a light brown ink and added a tiny dark brown button to the top.  The card was completed by adding two small dark brown buttons to enable the card to stand up. 

I do hope that you have enjoyed looking and please feel free to leave a comment.

Hugs

Joanne x

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Joanne, this card is such fun :) I love the sparkle on the bubbles.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

carolyn lee said...

yes this card is full of sparkle. love the stamp.

Pia said...

wow what a beutiful card, lovely image
hugs Pia

Sally said...

Fantastic Card. I love the glitz on the bubbles.

Dora said...

Hi, what a nice card, love that sparkle, fab idea.

Post a Comment