Sunday, 15 August 2010

Little Claire's Xmas Cards / Crafts Beautiful

I was sent a selection of 6 christmas stamps from Little Claire's with the challenge being to create 3 christmas cards.  This sounds ok, but I think the hardest bit was whittling it down from 6 stamps to 3, now the first obsticle over I could actually concentrate on what cards I wanted to make, however I did want all 3 cards to be different in some way and so I decided to create the following cards...  a tent card, a easel card and finally a square 6x6 card and here they are....

The Reindeer - (Square 6x6 Card)
    

I have had these xmas papers for sometime now, but I cannot remember who they are by (so if you happen to know pleeease e-mail me, cos i would really like some more...).  For this card I chose to use the reindeer stamp, otherwise known as 'Deck the Horns!', which I coloured in using the following copic markers:- E33, E35, E37, E59, E93, YG03, Y15, R27 & R46.  I selected a rich chocolate brown bazil cardstock for the cards base and then attached the patterned paper to it.  I cut out the coloured reindeer and then stuck him onto white textured card which I cut out using the nestabilities, I also did this for the two larger nesties using green patterned paper and the brown cardstock so that it co-ordinated.  I then attached the peel offs to white textured card and then inked the edges before attaching down the side of the card.  I finished off the card by using some stardust stickles around the edge of the patterned paper and adding some gold ribbon and a couple of brads.

The Polar Bear - (Tent Card)


In order to create the tent card i would require an image that would be able to swing and chose the polar bear image, otherwise known as 'Star of Wonder'.  I also needed the card to have a cold wintery feeling and found a sheet of  'snowflake' patterned paper from last years Bo Bunny 'tis the season' collection, I cut out a square piece and stuck it onto a sheet of white textured cardstock and folded it to create the tent card, but did not stick any of it together at this stage as I needed to cut out the oval section using my nestabilities.  I still wanted the background to be white but needed it to stand out, so I chose to use white glittered cardstock which I embossed using the snowflake embossing folder from papermania's new christmas range and attached to the card to form the background and now this was in place I could finally fix the card in place by sticking the base together.  The polar bear was coloured in by using the following copic markers:- C1, C3, C5, R17, R46 & 100, once this was completed I could actually hang the polar bear from the card using small jump rings which I bought from hobbycraft.  I then fixed the scalloped oval cut from nesties over the top to try and hide the holes where the jump rings came through and blinged it up with some silver gems inbetween each scallop.  I added the peel offs to some white textured cardstock, which i cut out and shaded the edges using pigment ink, these were attached using 3D foam pads.  I finished the card off by adding stickles around the edges and some matching pearls from kaisercraft.

The Snowman - (Scalloped Easel Card)


For the last and final card I chose 'Christmas Pals' which consists of a snowman and a dog.  I have used large scalloped nestabilities dies to cut both sides of patterned paper (treasure from last years 'tis the season' collection by Bo Bunny) in order to create this card, and just the normal circle dies for the mirror card and embossed the white glitter card for the background.  The images have been coloured using the following copic markers:- BG0000, BG10, BG15, BG34, R17, RV29, R46, G06, G14, E33, E35, E37, these were then cut out and stuck to the glitter card background. The cards base was completed using the same cardstock and then I attached three white buttons from doodlebug so that I could stand the card up.  To complete the card I stuck some co-ordinating red double-sided polka dot ribbon from Bo Bunny and attached a silver happy holidays sentiment tag from MM  using a tiny silver brad.

All of the above cards are going to be used in the Little Claire's advertisement which will appear in the 'Crafts Beautiful' Christmas Special edition.

I do hope that you have enjoyed looking and please feel free to leave a comment.

Hugs x

3 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - I'll look forward to seeing them in print!

Helen x

Tracey said...

How exciting to have your cards in Little Claire's ad Joanne - they are absolutely gorgeous!

Have a great week :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

carolyn lee said...

you have been busy! what a lovely card.

Post a Comment