Friday, 18 June 2010

Stampin' For The Weekend - Sketch #41 Blue / Yellow combo

This week on Stampin' For The Weekend we have a lovely sketch from our lovely Sandie, together with a colour combo of Yellow and Blue.

Our sponsor this week is Teresa from Crafts and Me


with this weeks prize being this lovely stamp...


All you have to do to win is complete the sketch and enter via Mr Linky...

I found this a little challenging at first mainly because the choice of colours, but once I found some good patterned papers that complimented each other the rest was plain sailing...


I have used a pale yellow cardstock from Bazzil in order to compliment my choice of patterned paper's, which are 'Flutter Butter' range from Bo Bunny (because the white printed pattern compliments the white background of the stamped image) and Blue numbers from Rob & Bob studio, this is a really old sheet of paper but I thought that the numbers reflected a childs birthday... and I have drawn stitched lines in pen to make the sections stand out.


The monkey stamp is Itzie Inkies stamp set by CC designs, which I have coloured using copic ciao pens.  I have finished the card off with a stamped sentiment stamp from Hero Arts, buttons from BG, flora doodles flowers and gold dots.

I hope you've enjoyed looking and please feel free to leave a comment.

Hugs x

5 comments:

Di said...

WOW this is just sooo sweet and cute! beautiful card!
Hugs Di xxx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love the cute monkey & he coloured perfectly :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Annika said...

I wish I could do doodling like you! Beutiful colouring and you totally rocked the sketch!
Hugs
Annika

carolyn lee said...

you nailed it. It's perfect. Love the colours.

Gunn (Merete) said...

Beautiful card, and such a sweet image, I love this.
Hugs Gunn*

Post a Comment