Friday, 4 June 2010

SFTW Challenge #40 - Summer / Travel Theme

I was so chuffed to be asked to be part of the design team for Stampin for the Weekend and I couldn't wait to get started with my first challenge.  The worst thing was that I found out that my 1st SFTW DT and my last Anyone for Anya GDT was basically the same challenge :-o HELP. Anyway I still managed to come up with two different cards using the same stamp - lol!!!


I made a easel card out of deep red cardstock and layered patterned papers (Primavera Stripes and Primavera dots from Paper Adventures).  The border punch is by MS in which I have left a large gap at the top in order for me to attach a strip of the patterned paper, I then embellished this with a piece of matching ribbon from my stash.  The stamped image is 'Fleur Anya' from 'The Greeting Farm' collection which I have shaded using copic markers and stickes.  This was then layered onto two circles (one scalloped) which was cut using nestabilities. The paper doilie I pilfered from my friend, which she bought from Little Yellow Bicycle, the paper flower is by Magnolia, the pin is from Quixotic Paperie, the buttons are from BG and the text is letraset rubons.

I have entered this card into the following challenges:-
Frosted Designs - Buttons
Pixie Dust Challenge - Punch It Out

I do hope you have enjoyed looking and please feel free to leave a comment.

Hugs x

9 comments:

LilyPuss Cards said...

Gorgeous card..just right for our theme at SFTW..great to have you on the team..
Hugs
Jan...x

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Joanne, I love all the details & the sparkle on the cute image :)

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Di said...

Hi Joanne this is beautiful i love your big border punch and the way you have used the doily and flower together!

Fab!
Hugs Di xxxx

Nancy said...

This is so beautiful, Joanne:O) Pretty colours and papers, lovely design. That image is so sweet, beautiful colouring.
Have a brilliant weekend.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hello Joanne.
This is so adorable. Love this easel card. This deep red works so great with the other papers and the embellishments. Cute image.
I want to welcome you to our DT, looking forward to work with you.
Wish you a great Weekend.
Hugs Gunn

Kate's Makes said...

Love this Joanne, it's fab! :o) xx

carolyn lee said...

Well fancy that! :-o Now I know where it went (the doily that is) don't leave town !! Just love this design. Carolyn

Pat said...

Very cute! Love the colors.

CraftyGirl said...

This card is as cute as the other one!! I love how you can take the same stamp and give it two completely different looks!! Lovely work!!
Barb :)

Post a Comment