Sunday, 9 May 2010

Whiff of Joy - Challenge #78

Katharina has just released the 'Get Well Collection' (pictured below) and if you want to win a set of this fabulous candy, then just pop over to her blog at http://katharina1704.blogspot.co./









Anyway now moving onto this weeks Whiff of Joy challenge...   A sketch by Jane (above)

The base card measures 5"x5" white card which I then covered in deep aqua card, then I have cut another square slightly smaller than that of the card base out of patterned paper from Magnolia.  I then punched out a strip of the aqua cardstock using MS Garden Trellis punch, I left a section in order for me to layer another section of the patterned paper and ribbon on a slide and finally I adhered tiny pearls from KaiserCraft along the top.


I have used  the 'Willow with Strawberry Basket' stamp which I coloured in using Copic markers and at you spica glitter pens and then mounted this onto silver and aqua oval shapes which were cut out using nestabilities.  For the blooms (available at Wild Orchid Crafts) I have shaded in the edges and glittered with stickles.  Finally the sentiment is from Hero Arts which was stamped twice and then layered.  The butterflies have been cut using MS and the sprigg of pearls was bought from my local craft shop. I that then finished the card off using stickles in frosted lace around the edges of the oval, the sentiment and on the butterflies.

Thanks for looking... I hope that you liked it and please feel free to leave a comment.

6 comments:

marion said...

Hi Joanne, thats great news, that you are member of the GDT now.I think it was very nice to do it makes the cardmaking a bit special, it is also very nice to answer the ladies who put in a card for the challenges. So have fun and by the way, I love this magnolia image s you put together. Greets Marion

carolyn lee said...

This is a real treat. love the colours.Where did you get the buckle from?

Bev said...

Oh this is just beautiful! The papers are so pretty and compliment the sweet image beautifully. Thanks for joining WOJ this week x

Kim said...

Joanne this is absolutely stunning hun! What a fantastic card! Such beautiful elements through out the whole thing! Love the pearl sprig in the upper corner! Gorgeous work hun! Thanks for joining us at the WOJ Challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Giò said...

WOW!!! Fantastic colors and beautifully colouring.
Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Post a Comment